Continuing our campaign for Mending Nottingham, we have explored two potential development plots the city, close to the up and coming Sneinton Market Regeneration Area, Victoria Park and its colourful Promenade.
The tight sites border Huntingdon Street and Bath Street. Our aim is to develop the sites along a new pedestrian route which would connect Bath Street and Huntingdon Street via Brook Street with a housing scheme that has a mixture of flats, maisonettes and houses, to attract all age groups.
The internal site layout follows the Perimeter Block methodology of Urban Planning
Our vision is to
- Encourage families to re-populate the city
- To establish a community with a stake in the environment
- Emphasize stability rather than transience
- The striking house form proposed by Redmak Architects promotes individuality
- Our designs have thick envelopes; we encourage super levels of insulation along with high thermal mass